Bankruptcy Law and Debtors’/Creditors’ Rights
Sichenzia Ross Ference Kesner LLP’S Bankruptcy Law and Debtors’ / Creditors Rights Practice Group has significant experience in corporate reorganization, liquidation, restructuring, foreclosure and commercial law and litigation matters. Our group’s attorneys have been involved in national and local cases representing institutional, corporate, (including public and private companies), and individual clients involving a variety of industries including the financial services, non-profit, real estate, retailing, recycling, food service, healthcare, automotive, education, and sports & entertainment industries. Our group has represented lenders in litigated, pre-negotiated and pre-packaged Chapter 11 cases, commercial and bankruptcy litigation and out-of-court restructurings. Our experience and services in the bankruptcy and creditors/debtors rights arena includes representing clients in the following areas:
- Chapter 11 reorganization, including representing debtors, financial institutions, (as primary leaders and participants in syndicated loans) landlords and other creditors.
- Chapter 7 liquidation including representing debtors, trustees, financial institutions, landlords, and other creditors.
- Bankruptcy asset sales, representing secured creditors, purchasers and sellers.
- Bankruptcy motion practice including lift-stay, adequate protection, lease assumption and rejection motions.
- Bankruptcy litigation adversary proceedings including preference, fraudulent conveyance and other matters .
Our group has successfully defended and asserted claims in adversary proceedings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, as well as subsequent appeals to U.S. District Court.
The chair of our practice group has appeared on television as a legal analyst on bankruptcy matters, including the show Law Line with the late Honorable Dennis Milton, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, and on the NBC television show Extra to comment on celebrity bankruptcy issues.